Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Libido Mismatch

Hey,

My boyfriend and I have been having sex for a few months and well he doesn't want to do it very often. we only get to see each other once a week and we haven't gone out to do anything for awhile either. He loves me just as much as I love him. Whenever we do have sex I feel like I am pushing him into to it. I am just worried if I am doing anything wrong to not make sex appealing to him.

Thanks,
Worried


Dear Worried,

Amazing as it is to me, there are some guys who do not have a strong sex drive. They should see a doctor. Seriously.

But this may be a case where your guy is gay and does/does not know it.

It is also possible that, as you say, he loves you, but he is not physically attracted to you.

The fact that you used to go out and aren't any more is interesting. I mean, that could be a good thing, but it sounds like it isn't. He may just be going through the motions with you and doesn't want to hurt you.

There is only one cure for this: TALK TO HIM. Instead of pushing him to have sex, push him to talk openly, honestly and sincerely with you about the sex and about your whole relationship.

If he says he's just not that interested in sex, find out if this has always been the case. It may be an uncomfortable subject, but ask him if it was the same with his last girlfriend. If something has changed in his sexual desire and you are convinced it's not about you, he may have a medical problem (see first paragraph).

Best wishes,

Al

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, not sure its indicative that hes gay. At all.

I used to have very little interest in sex, until I reached my mid 20s..then I couldnt get enough...and still cant.

It was due to a number of factors, the first being insecurity of size...even though Im above average.

The second being low-self-esteem.

Some men naturally arent that interested in sex, its rare but not necessarily a medical issue.

It may be that they simply get very little from having sex regularly, by that I mean emotionally.

Id be more interested in asking why he isnt still as keen to go out and do stuff, non-sexually.

If all he wants to do is see you once a week to keep the relationship seemingly "still on" the odds is it could be far more than asexuality/avoiding shagging thats on his mind and now a noticable obstacle.